Saturday, January 27, 2007

My summer garage roof project

Last summer I replaced the structure and roof on my hip-roof garage, originally constructed in 1940. Like most projects here, it started as a modest project, just new plywood and roofing. I soon realized that the structure was gone, rotted, and needed complete replacement down to and including the wall top-plates.

Here's the new roof:

Click for gallery

Click the image to see more pictures.

My son and I did all the work ourselves, with help from my wife and neighbor to raise the first two hip rafters. We started tear-off on July 1, 2006. I took some days off work, but mostly worked weekends, and finished about September 16, 2006.

(photos refreshed 9/16/14)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Liquid Roof said...

WOW, thats a great news, I am sure you are going to rock, I am also looking forward for more updates, keep posting.

March 22, 2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good job to you and your son! Both of you aren't even professional roofers, but your work looks so polished and neatly done. I'm sure that it wasn't easy, and you poured out a lot of effort just to finish this re-roofing project. Two thumbs up!

-Joann Winton @ AJCRoofing

December 19, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home